Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fiasco 30: The Cold Shoulder

spoke_card_30(click card for pictures)
Even with the recent developments with The Swamp, the FBC managed to make this Full Moon Fiasco a great event.

I mentioned in the last post that Joe, of The Swamp, has been given instruction by his landlord to have no more than 49 patrons inside the building; that includes the patio. This sort of cramps Joe significantly and puts some of their customers out in the cold and that includes the FBC. I was worried that those that came to ride would be sorely disappointed when they learned of this. Boy was I wrong. The Lifetime Members For Life that were unable to get into the building, waited patiently for 9:00 to roll around so we could take a short ride. I even told everyone where we were going and they still stuck around to ride the long way just to get to Sunset Junction. For those that do not know, Sunset Junction is approximately 100 yards from The Swamp. We turned that into about a three mile ride through downtown and Brownes Edition, through the roundabout at The Elk and on to Sunset. No spills, no mechanicals, an overall success.

At our destination our long time friend Whiskey Dick Mountain was waiting for our arrival to put on a kick ass show for the economical price of free. I would like to thank them for doing that for us and for Patrick setting it up. Thanks.


As for our plans for February's ride, I don't know. I am hoping that things get straightened out at The Swamp because they have been the home of the FBC Spokane for two years now and always welcome us with open arms. We enjoy being there and spend a significant amount of money there. Joe and everyone there are great and serve us just as fast as they can. Again, I hope this all gets taken care of so we can continue to visit at least once a month. I will be sure to keep everyone up to date as information trickles in and if there is a change in starting venue, I will be sure to let you know. Thanks again for your patience on a cold night.

85+ riders; 34 degrees and partly cloudy

2 comments:

  1. There's always the Hub. It's even named after a bike part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very disappointed with the service at Sunset Junction. Hopefully they'll be better prepared if we ever go there again.

    I stood in line for 45 minutes just for one drink. Ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete