Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting My Art On

Some of you are already familiar with First Friday. The once a month event when Spokane galleries open their doors and invite you to come around and ogle their stuff. More often than not, that includes cheese and wine. As a fan of both, there is no question that I will be downtown tomorrow night. You should come check it out, too.

There are several things going on so here some that I plan to check out:

Avenue West - A gallery space next to long time friend of the FBC, Far West Billiards. I have been meaning to stop by but have yet to make it over there.

Raw Space - I was told about this one on campus today and it sounds like a good time. "showcasing new, emerging and established artists from our community"

RiVerSpeAK - This is where I plan to start the night. Located at the new Empyrean location (2nd and Washington), t says on the Facebook Events Page "nest-themed artwork from various local artists (all members of the RiverSpeak Collective) will be for sale, with 50% of the proceeds to benefit RiverSpeak. Pick up your handmade RiverSpeak Zine + CD, available on donation (give what you can).

So if you are looking for something to do tomorrow night, here you go. These events start at 5:00p.m. and end at 9:oop.m. on Friday. I am looking to head to one of my favorite drinking establishments as well tomorrow.

Not officially as the FBC, I will start at RiVerSpeAK at 5:00 and make my way toward the rest in no certain order. See you down there.

2 comments:

  1. The RiverSpeak event will be awesome. Thanks for pointing it out to the FBC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i have missed that event. I will surely attend the next event last year. Thanks for let me know.

    ReplyDelete